6th Grade Activities
The Sixth Grade Committee plans events & fundraisers to celebrate our students culminating year at West Woods School. The committee plans fun activities throughout the year including Fun Night in the spring. In addition, the committee plans fundraisers to help defray the cost of special end of year field trips for the 6th grade.
Yearbook COVID-19 Update
We need your help in order to make the yearbook special for our sixth graders!
Ms. Coogan and Ms. Slattery are working together to make this happen. Due dates are approaching fast. Please see this attached letter from Ms. Coogan about sending her a picture and a message from your child. We appreciate your support with this project. We know the sixth graders are looking forward to being highlighted in this year's yearbook. Let's work as a team to make this a reality and be sure no student is left out.
Promotion Day Ceremony Slide Show
Each student will be featured in the slide show, so it is important that they receive as many photos as possible of the students at school events or organized grade 6 activities outside of school so they have a variety to choose from. Please upload your pictures to: http://bit.ly/westwoodspics.
Events & Activities
Frozen 2 tickets are now on sale. The Grade 6 Room Parents are hoping your families will meet us at Cinemark Theaters in North Haven on Saturday, November 23rd for the 7:30 pm show. This is not a school sponsored event or fundraiser, just a fun night out for the kids.
On January 12th we are gathering grade 6 families district wide for public skating at the Northford Ice Pavilion. This is not a school sponsored event, just an idea generated by grade 6 Hamden parents. This gathering is a great way for the kids to interact and make new friends before heading to middle school. We hope your sixth grader can attend.
Save the date for Fun Night on April 22, 2020 from 6-8 pm in the West Woods Gymnasium. For those families that volunteered to help, you will be getting an email soon to meet and discuss planning. If you did not get a chance to sign up for this committee but would like to be a part of it, please email Anna Lisa Aurora.
May 6 (rain date May 7) - Mystic field trip
May 19 (rain date May 20) - Hamden Games at Hamden High School
May 22 - Veterans Awareness Day at Quinnipiac University
May 28 (rain date May 29) - Paradise Country Club Picnic (not 100% approved just yet but in the works)
November 19 - Flyer
- YOU MUST HAVE THE FLYER WITH YOU FOR GRADE 6 TO GET THE DONATION. Please share and post this information on social media and bring your friends and family along. Don’t worry about adhering to the time frame on the paper. Anytime that day works for either take out or dine-in.
Yankee Candle Fundraiser
- Online orders accepted through January 8. View the catalog online.
- To order,
- Visit www.yankeecandlefundraising.com and scroll down to the Start Shopping session. Enter Group Number: 999996467 and click Start Shopping
- To Sell:
- Visit www.yankeecandlefundraising.com and click Create Seller Login. Enter Group Number: 999996467 and follow the prompts to register.
- All items will be shipped directly to each customer. Delivery will occur within 2-4 weeks from receipt of order.
- 40% of every sale will be donated to the 6th grade fund
Parent-Teacher Conferences Bake Sales
November 22 & November 25-26 - Sign-up
- We will need volunteers to work the bake sale for conferences and donations for the event. If you would like to help do either or both of these things, please use the sign-up genius above.
Chocolate Covered Pretzels Sale
- The chocolate covered pretzel rod fundraiser is still happening. If anyone would like to sell a box of pretzels that has already not reached out please email Andrea Pascarella. If you already expressed an interest in selling pretzels, you will be contacted on when and where to pick up your order.
All fundraisers are optional. We are doing our best to create a variety of ways to defer the cost of our grade 6 activities. Please pick and choose what fundraising works for your family. So far our efforts are paying off. Thanks to so many families, the sixth grade earned almost $1500 at the Election Day Bake Sale. Way to go!